Tuesday, April 17, 2012

New acquisition - Ryan Presley's Gladys Tybingoompa Commemorative

So "new" is being used loosely here as I am a little behind in my posts. Long time readers may recall I was deliberating about Ryan's Blood Money show at Jan Manton back in October but truth be told I had already pulled the trigger on this work before it had even been finished! Yep, a first for me but the iphone shots of a half completed work looked good and the finished work looks great (and even better now framed by my friends at Matrix in Paddington). But don't just take my word for it, see it for yourself! The team at Big Lamington is lending this to some mob down in Melbourne for a show in July.

Points - 3 to Ryan, I really enjoy watching emerging artists developing their career and am keen to see what's next for this talented guy. 2 to Jan Manton who is great to deal with and 1 to the Counihan Gallery for giving Ryan's work some greater exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment